I will be starting a new blog series on Wednesdays! It is going to be titled “Recovering Beautifully”.
*Here’s the catch*
It won’t be about ME. It’s going to be about YOU.
Each week I am going to be posting an inspirational story from someone who has battled, and overcome their addiction.
Types of addictions will include, but are not limited to:
Drugs, alcohol, food, sex, gambling and hoarding.
The stories will be 2,000 words or less, and will be written by the people who lived them.
When my friend Jenny Bear suggested this idea, I decided to get started immediately. You all were so moved by MY story, so imagine what a VILLAGE of us sharing our truths can do!
But I’m going to take it a step further…
I am going to pick my favorite stories and compile them into a book. I would then price the book at $4.99 and publish it on Amazon. I will donate 100% of the proceeds toward paying for beds in rehabilitation centers, for those who need rehab, but can’t afford it. Ahhhhh!
If you would like to be a part of this amazing new endeavor and have your story considered, see submission guidelines below:
1) Tell me your story of overcoming an addiction. I want to know: a) What was life like in active addiction, what were the feelings and emotions associated with your using. b) What happened with your rock bottom? Why did you decide to change? c) How did you change, was it rehab? Jail? Your own detox? Tell me about that experience. And d) what is your life like now? What amazing things have happened since? What is your clean time?
2) Please keep it to 2,000 words or less. I will be editing for grammar and punctuation, but please try your best to make the submission as neat as possible because I am not great at either of those myself.
3) Keep in mind the story will be online and in book form for anyone and everyone to read. If you do not feel comfortable putting your face and story out there, then please do not submit a story.
4) Attach a picture from when you were in active addiction, and a present day photo. (No children.)
5) Please use fake names if you are referring to others.
6) Somewhere in the email, please state: ” I _______, give Tiffany permission to use my story and photos on her blog series “Recovering Beautifully”, as well as her book.”
7) I have no idea when and if your story will be chosen to be published, so please refrain from emailing me asking once you’ve submitted. I will email you if it is chosen, and then give you a heads up when it will be live on the site.
*Submit your stories via email to email@example.com*
I will be taking submissions until 1/26/2018
I’M SO FREAKING EXCITED!